Friday, December 21, 2007

Counting down

Here are the top five reasons I need a vacation:

5. I wrote and called and interviewed and wrote, and yet, somehow, I only had two real stories that ran in the paper this week.
4. There is laundry hanging all over my apartment, dishes in my sink, wrapping paper in the middle of the living room — it's a mess. That's not all that unusual. The difference is, I don't care.
3. I've started two books in the past four months, and I'm only into the second chapter of both of them.
2. Wednesday night I was hanging out with some girls wrapping presents. I stuck some tape on my lip, kind of like when you put bobby pins in your mouth to hold them. Only, bobby pins don't rip the skin off your lip when you take then out to use them.

And the Number 1 reason:
I forgot my purse at the gym last night. That's like, say, forgetting my right hand. Then I went on to leave my oven on for about two hours.

Luckily, I am flying to Montana tomorrow to spend Christmas at home and hopefully get my sanity back.

Lesson learned: I need to sleep in, read my book and not write for 10 days straight.

No comments: