Sunday, August 30, 2009

Doing as the Romans do


Now that I'm moved in, I feel this responsibility to learn about what fuels this area. This means, I'm going to have to drink a lot of wine. Last weekend, I took a basics wine class from one of the wineries here. This weekend, I went to help a local backyard wine club bottle some of last year's crush. I sat on an assembly line, filling bottles or using a device to push a cork into them. All the while, I pestered the guys in the club with questions. That showed great patience with my amateurism.

Lessons learned: Winemaking is way above my head at this point.

2 comments:

mom said...

So glad you're writing here again. And I love the photos. I can't wait to come down for some power-wine-tasting. You better start a list of places to hit...

The Morris Family said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new paper and town!