Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Stay tuned for fireworks

It's the Fourth of July and I haven't seen or heard one firework. I think it's the first year that I can remember that I missed them. Somehow I just slipped through about four day's worth of opportunities.

Wait, no, there are a few on TV. Thank goodness. That was close.

I did, however, get to see a greased pole contest, a watermelon eating contest and jugglers perform. I worked today so I covered an Independence Day celebration in 100 degree temperatures. Lucky me.

Lesson learned: Climbing a grease pole is surprisingly difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad spent way too much money on fireworks as usual, but he and Terry and Brandon had a great time shooting them off. Terry also likes to spear little fish and blow them up with firecrackers. Boys!! i'm very glad you and your sister never did that. Love, M