Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Raining on my parade

So, today is my last day at the Tagesspiegel.

The worst part was, I didn't get to ride my bike on my last day because it is pouring rain, sadly. You don't know what a pain it is to take the train, especially when it's raining.

However, the rest of the day has been really pleasant and in traditional departure style (In other words, with lots of food). I finished my last story, went to lunch with co-workers, and had cake and coffee with my two mentors, Mortiz and Sebastian, in the opinion section (because that's what we do). Those guys were a big help in my adjustment to this country, and they make me laugh. I'll miss afternoon coffee and games like "Can you guess the price of this house."

Now I'm thinking about ducking out, but it's raining again.

Lesson learned: The weather can't ruin it.

No comments: