Saturday, May 02, 2009

Birthday BBQ

Last night I went to a birthday party for one of my co-workers, Margie, who just turned 40. I hope I look as good as she does after 40 years and three kids. She has been voted "hottest woman in the newsroom" before by a previous slate of co-workers, beating out women in their 20s. So we had a barbecue with a menu of spinach artichoke dip, avocado and tomato dip, shrimp, oysters, chicken, salad, garlic mashed potatoes, garlic bread and cheesecake. Margie did a lot of the cooking, which seems a little backwards to me, considering it was her special day.

She also seems to have a much better attitude than I do about my upcoming birthday. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Margie.

Lessons learned: When I figure out how she aged so well, I will come and fill this back in.

No comments: