Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Looking for the old me

I was reading some old posts today. It's strange, but I barely recognize the girl who wrote them. I was funnier then. Definitely wordier. Maybe I'm just tired.

I realized the other day that in the five years I've worked here, I've never stayed in town for a vacation. I'm always flying out somewhere on Friday night after work and flying back in at 10 p.m. on a Sunday night, getting home at 1 a.m., only to start work on Monday again at 8 a.m. So I've taken the week off for a vacation with the goal that I will just completely relax. No stress. No work.

Yesterday I got a massage. Today I had my hair done. Tomorrow I'm going to the lake.

Some might say this is stupid in the middle of the recession. Maybe. But if I can just regain some of the spirit I had in 2006, I will be a better reporter for it. Hopefully my boss will see that.

Lessons learned: I miss 2006.

2 comments:

mom said...

I love the old you, and the current you, and the you you'll become.
Based on your history, it promises to be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sure is taking a long time to find the old you! lol, miss ya sara