Monday, August 27, 2007

Runk and Willow go hiking


I'm way late on this, but I'm going to write it anyway. When you meet deadlines at work everyday, it's hard to meet your own for a blog.

But last weekend, by friend Anna came to visit. Like I said in my previous blogs, she's one of my best friends. We met in high school and it had been awhile. Anyway, we made up for lost time.

Anna's visit, day 1: I tend to take people who visit to this swimming hole where a river cuts through some caves. It's close, it's pretty amazing and not that many people are usually. there.


Anna's visit, day 2: We upped the activity level the next day, hiking Half Dome in Yosemite. It's a 16.4 mile hike that's rated "extremely strenuous." The last bit, you have to pull yourself up a rock face by cables, which are posted in the rock on either side of you.

Being the great friend that I am, I neglected to remember that Anna has a certain fear of heights. She was shaking so hard I thought she was going to rattle right off the cables. At one point, she panted, "This is like having a baby." But she was a trooper and make it to the top and back down.


Anna's visit, day 3: After the marathon day we had, we decided to sleep in an go find a swimming hole. Then we got ice cream.


Anna's visit, day 4: We headed up to Sonora Pass for a hike that a friend recommended to me. It was pretty dramatic up there, and really quiet.


Anna left on Monday night, after a quick stop to a nearby reservoir. It went by too quick, but I think we managed to catch up on the past three years.

Lesson learned: I need to call Anna more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You girls look just as cute as you did in high school. Love, M and D