Thursday, August 30, 2007

Paddling along

Today was my last day in the Masters swim program. This is the "adult swim team" I joined for the summer. It's kind of expensive when combined with my regular gym membership, and I can't go more than twice or three times a week, so I decided to just do it for three months.

I really like it and am sad to have to stop. It's been fun to feel myself getting better throughout the summer. Swimming really makes you learn about your body's strengths and weaknesses.

My arms are awfully wimpy, while my legs are stronger. My freestyle, which I always considered my strongest stroke, is just average. But my backstroke isn't bad surprisingly.

It will be getting cooler soon anyway, so it would be hard to swim anyway.

Lesson learned: My breast stroke still needs some work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good for your neck too! (getting stronger in your upper back) Now you will have to be extra careful about your POSTURE!!!
Love, M

Anonymous said...

I learned to breathe on both sides this year and it cut seconds off my time on each lap. It was amazing. I hope you're able to get in the pool a few times a week even though the class is done. It's a great strength-builder... and a good balance to your strong mountain-biking legs..
love you - mom

Lakes said...

"Paddling along"... I thought that ment you were kayaking, i got excited to hear that... oh well. Swimming is almost as good.