Tuesday, September 04, 2007

No labor

I almost had the all-American Labor Day weekend. It consisted of going to a lake, a barbecue and an attempted camping trip.

The latter is why I say almost. A friend and I tried to meet up with a group that was camping at a river about a hour away. We drove down there but never found them — probably because we didn't get down there until 10 p.m.

But otherwise, it was nice to relax. The lake we went to was great, and I had a cat nap in the sun. I needed it after sort of a crazy week. I'm not ready for summer to be over.

Lesson learned: People are easier to find in the daytime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe you got your camping quota out of your system last year... our great hike with Amanda on her birthday..
I laugh when I recall the start of the hike... We spent hours and hours getting ready, packed food all night, did the car shuttle to the trailhead, and once we started walking you said: "So this is it? This is all we're going to do for the next three days? Walk?"
pretty funny.