Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The illusive $2.34 modern novelty

It seems like such a small thing, but I think washing lettuce is sort of annoying. Either you end up with watered down dressing or you dry it with a paper towel, which doesn't seem healthy to me. The solution is really simple. There are these magic little devices called salad spinners that do all the work.

They are actually really cheap.

I have put a salad spinner on my Christmas and Birthday lists for the past couple of years, to no avail. It was never anything so important for me to make the trip to buy myself. And those times I was at the store already, it was never so pressing that I remembered to get one.

Until last week. I finally found one. It was a whole $2.34. Proud of myself for remembering, put it in my cart with a bunch of other stuff like toothpaste and contact solution and chocolate covered cherries for my dad (it's one of those things we get him every Christmas).

It wasn't until a couple days ago I realized that I must have left the salad spinner at the checkstand. It is no where to be found. And I am back to waving my lettuce around after washing it like a bird in a puddle.

Lessons learned: Maybe I'm not meant to own a salad spinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you have to wave the lettuce around, maybe you could take it to your step dance class and ask the other women to help you.. kill two birds, as they say.