Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hitting the slopes

The ski season is on, so I am working again as a snowboard instructor. The weather has been good for teaching, but not so much for snowboarding. We are hurting for snow. My friend, Steven, and I did take a few good runs in the morning before lessons started.

My first lesson was a bunch of boys from school in the Valley. In every group, there is a kid with ADD, one who gets it first try, and one who can't even get up.

It's fun though, to see it when someone does learn something I taught them.

Lesson learned: Wear lots of sunscreen. Lots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we need to do more snow dances. We're in the same boat up here, but it's not as bad for the cross country trails. As long as they keep grooming them at night, we're set. But more rocks keep coming up.
Glad to hear you're at least getting up there. And glad that you're elbow escapade didn't impact your boarding.