Monday, January 15, 2007

Setting sail


So I went on my first cruise last weekend. It was a surprise for my friend Jenn's husband. There was, of course, lots of food, fruity drinks and shows.

We landed in Ensenada, Mexico the first day, where we took a bus up to a little town called La Bufadora. The tour we took wasn't through the cruise company, so it did cross my mind, as we got further and further out of town and the road got narrower and narrower, this was all a scheme to take us hostage and hold us for ransom.

We made it without being held up to the little town, were you can visit a flea market and an ocean blow hole. The water sprays about 50 feet in the air.

The second day we spent at sea. It was warm, so we spent the day by the pool, where there was a water slid.

The only thing that surprised me was how much the boat rocked. It's a little unnerving. That and how much drinks cost.

Lesson learned: People are just as bad at karaoke on a boat as on land.

No comments: