Thursday, January 18, 2007

Relearning old tricks

Today I did a double-handed pony tail.

While this may not seem like much of a feat to those of you with normal elbows, it was a major accomplishment considering what I did to myself. (See my last post.)

I'm actually surprised to see how fast I am recovering. By Wednesday morning, most of the pain was gone. It's still difficult to bend my elbows all the way, but I'm gaining a little ground each day. Maybe it's the glucosamine chondroitin. (Don't ask me what that is, but my doctor recommended it for faster healing). For some reason, my left arm is healing quicker than my right, meaning I'm getting adept at doing things like eating and brushing my teeth left handed.

Either way, I was well enough Wednesday to work a ten-hour shift.

We'll see what happens tomorrow though. I say this because I went grocery shopping today, and carrying the bags up to my apartment was harder than I thought. I had to take one at a time. My step-mom (a.k.a. my long-distance physical therapist) is going to yell at me for that one. (Mom, I swear I tried to call a friend for help, and they weren't there).

Lessons learned: Save any more grocery shopping for when I can do a cross-armed shirt removal.

No comments: