Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Making a come back

Okay, I'm back. This weekend I took some time to heal and have fun, and although I'm not the picture of bubbling happiness, I feel a little better.

Here was my eight-step plan to recovering from heartbreak and a broken friendship:

1. I got the best massage of my life on Thursday night;

2. A group of girlfriends and I drove to Modesto for dinner and dancing on Friday night;

3. I worked out like crazy every day;

4. I actually laid out in the sun by the pool Saturday. (Yes, winter has forgotten us here. All you in the cold north can hate me, but it's true).

5. I had a movie and vent night with my friend Sarah, complete with popcorn and a glass of wine;

6. I cleaned my apartment, which had declined into static mayhem (I know that it sounds like those two terms contradict, but if you had seen it, you would understand);

7. I went to church on Sunday;

8. Last night, I played tennis. Swinging at fast moving objects is therapeutic for obvious reasons.

Now I'm working on looking forward. But sympathy flowers and chocolates are welcome.

Lesson learned: I should start my own break up recovery center.

No comments: