Saturday, February 10, 2007

Seeking full-time assistant

My coworker Amy and I have decided that life would be so much easier with an assistant. I could have her (or better yet him) return my calls, write briefs, organize files, set up photo assignments and do all the other tedious stuff that is part of my job.

If I could bring that assistant home, they could finish up all the chores of have stacked up there, too.

Things have been a little hectic at work lately. We've had two reporters and a news clerk quit, and another reporter just announced her retirement. This means the rest of us have to make up for the absences. In the past two weeks, all but two of my days were 9 or 10-hour shifts. That wears on you after awhile.

Anyway, an assistant would help, but since reporters are hard to come by, I don't think I'll be getting one.

Lesson learned: The overtime is nice.

No comments: