Saturday, October 20, 2007

New arrival

I am an aunt!

My little sister, Tesla, had a baby girl, 5 pounds, 13 ounces. She named her Amber Lynn.

I'm actually a little late on this. She had the baby two weeks ago. But she was early, so I wouldn't be that behind if she had arrived on time, right?

I talked to Tes today, who sounded so grown up taking about breast feeding, playpens and how the special the baby is to her. Then she compared giving birth to "taking a million-dollar dump." Crude, yes, but Tes says it like it is. I laughed for like five minutes.

My mom was picking Tes and Amber up so they could go to my parent's house to make applesauce. Those of you who know my family might see a little irony in that.

Mom was trying to get her baby holding time in before they got home, since apparently my dad hogs her. I think that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. It's a little surreal to think of my parents as grandparents.

I'm going home for Christmas, so I'll get so see my little niece then. I can't wait.

Lesson learned: Having a baby changes everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Tess. May this new gift in her life bring joy and peace and the amazing love that only children can give.