Thursday, October 18, 2007

Still breathing

Every Thursday night I have Bible study with a few friends of mine. There are technically five of us, but usually four make it.

Those girls are lifesavers.

The Bible study part of our Bible study is amazing. We learn a lot, and the author of the study, Beth Moore, never fails to amaze me with her insight. But that's not the only thing it is about. Tonight we had decided to make potatoes out of the blue, then sat and talked before we watched our video. I think I laughed more in that hour than I have in the past week.

It was a tough one, but these girls are a breath of fresh air when it feels like I'm suffocating in a room full of smoke. We listen to each other's dramas, tell each other honestly what we think, then somewhere we find the humor in it.

Lesson learned: Potatoes make great therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16: 24

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103
So glad you are experiencing the goodness of God's Word and wonderful friends. Love, M and D