Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easter egg hunting

I love Easter for two reasons. The first one, of course, is that Jesus died and rose again. That's kind of a big deal.

The second is more of a guilty pleasure. It's the only time of the year you can find Cadbury Eggs, which in my mind is lucky for all the other candy makers. They contain two brilliant components: chocolate, and some mysterious sugary filling that I could just drink.

Tonight on the way home from the gym, I had to make a stop at a store and decided to pick up one of those four-packs, since my current stash has been depleted. My blood sugar was a little low, so I wasn't exactly thinking clearly, but I couldn't find them. They had truck loads of caramel ones, and the mini ones were in about three locations. But these two alternatives completely miss the point of the standard-sized, originals' smoothy creamy goodness. That's what it's all about.

To say I was sad doesn't quite capture my feelings at the time. Heartbroken, maybe, is a better word for it. It's been three days since I've had one and I'm having serious withdrawals.

Lesson learned: I only have 11 more days to stock up, which means I better get serious about finding a new supplier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the last post was about eating CC cookies - and this one about Easter eggs... what's up with that? I think there is a connection between not cooking and craving sweets... Perhaps a more balanced diet would quiet the sugar urges.
Let's do a cooking weekend soon.