Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Thoughts from the dentist chair

I wouldn't imagine there are many people who like going to the dentist. But I really hate it. I'm not a big fan of having a drill, jack hammer and some weird looking hair dryer in my mouth all at the same time, which was my state yesterday afternoon. My dentist convinced me I needed to have my silver fillings taken out because they could possibly expand and crack my teeth. Personally, I think that's a little melodramatic. So there I was, lying in the chair, with earphones on, watching TMZ on a TV hanging from the ceiling above me, and all I could think was, "If it's not broke, don't fix it." I let them go through with it anyway. The dentist shot me up with Novocain and went to town.

He kept saying things to me, which I couldn't really hear with the headphones on and the drills buzzing. I couldn't talk either, so I was basically temporarily rendered a deaf mute.

But now I have two new beautiful white fillings, which is a darn good thing, because I'm sure those silver fillings were just an eyesore to people who could catch a glimpse at my top molars.

Lessons learned: The Novocain does not wear off in just two hours.

No comments: