Friday, March 28, 2008

Snow tour


I just got home from vacation, which is part of the reason it's been so long since I've posted (that and because I'm just a slacker.) In five days, I went from Denver to Aspen to Vail to Beaver Creek to Denver to Boulder and back to Denver. I've never been one to mess around with vacation time. I always cram in as much as possible.

I was able to see one of best friends, Ben, who lives in Denver and meet his new girlfriend. He took me to Aspen first, which still had some pockets of powder. Then, I was also able to meet up with Felicity, an English girl I met while I studied abroad in Salzburg. She brought a friend, Emma. The three of us stayed in a condo for a few days in East Vail. We got really lucky with the snow and the weather. We made it to Beaver Creek the last day I was there, where "cookie time" made up for the crumbling snow conditions. Every day at 3 p.m., older men in white chef's hats and coats hand out warm chocolate chip cookies for free at the base of the mountain.

Wednesday, I was able to hang out with Ben a bit in Boulder before I had to get on the plane. The last two days I've been trying to recover. Thank God it's the weekend.

Lesson learned: I need to stop booking my flights at 8:30 p.m. on the return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Great photo of you three! I'm so glad you made that trip. Can't wait to hear the details. And so glad you're writing on your blog again. Get some rest!