Thursday, April 24, 2008

From winter to summer

I spent the last weekend north of Lake Tahoe, where it was 20 degrees and blowing so hard I was worried my car wouldn't be there when I woke up the next morning.

I went up there to see my mom, with a quick stop off at Kirkwood on the way. I'd never been to Kirkwood, so it was cool to explore. It makes my seventh resort this season in three states, which may explain why I've been broke this winter. But its worth it.

So my mom and I spent the rest of the weekend shopping for bridesmaids dresses, putting together wedding invitations and drinking wine. We snuck a bike ride in there too. My only question: Why are all bridesmaids dresses made out of that thick 80s material they used to make prom dresses out of and decked with big bows?

This weekend, I'm determined to spend some time in the sun, since it's supposed to be more than 80 degrees. From winter to summer in one week.

Lesson learned: Putting together wedding invitations is much more fun with a glass of wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's my turn to come your way and warm up! Even with the sun today, it still felt chilly. And you still can't see the trail behind my house for the snow.
Soon. It has to happen soon.
And did you hear about our earthquakes? I woke up last night getting shaken in bed -- a 4.7.
The experts are saying to prepare for the big one.
I need to get some powdered milk and soup. Or maybe visit you for an extended period.