Monday, April 14, 2008

Ghost busting

A guy came in the office while I was out today and left a manila envelop full of floppy disks. On the envelope said "These floppies have ghosts on them." I asked the girls at the front desk, and apparently, this guy said the disks are haunted and wanted me to write a story about it.

Strangely enough, I wasn't compelled to investigate further, so someone took the envelope to give back to him. Sure enough, he returned. This time, he left me a piece of paper with a picture of a glowing yellow square, which I take it was one of the ghosts. On the side was written, "Maybe this will convince you." Yeah, because what else could a picture of a glowing square be other than a ghost?

It does beg the question: Even if a computer that reads floppies still exists today, how does one determine they have ghosts on them?

Lesson learned: I think I'll stick to writing about criminals who are alive.

No comments: