Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ich fahre auf einem Flugzeug

Ich fahre nach Deutscheland! In drei Monaten, bin ich da. Die Leute von der Stipendium haben mich Gestern erzhalt, dass ich akzeptiert bin. Jetzt muss ich einem Platz herausuchen.

Translation: I'm going to Germany!

That was just a little practice to see if I still know any German. Hmmm, the jury is still out.

So a month or so ago, I got an e-mail at work asking me if I was interested in applying this year for a fellowship I applied for when I first started at my paper. At that time, they asked that I get more experience. So apparently, two and a half years later, I qualify. I got a call yesterday that I have been accepted.

I will work at a German newspaper, half the time writing stories for them, the other half sending stories back to my home paper. It's kind of like being a correspondent. The fellowship starts with an orientation in Washington, D.C. in late July. I'm to spend two months at the host paper. I get to tell them my preferences of where I end up, but the fellowship officials ultimately place me. So now the work begins, namely, figuring out if any of the above makes sense or is in correct grammar.

Lesson learned: I'm not totally sure if Fellowship equals Stipendium. That's a lesson I'll have to finish learning later.

1 comment:

Sarah and Josh said...

Sooooo cooool!!! How come you always get the fun and interesting trips?! Thanks for keeping us updated about all the crazy stuff that happens in Sonora!