Sunday, November 09, 2008

Last minute concert

I proved that I still do have a bit of spontaneous youth left in me this weekend.

A couple friends and I had planned to go see Ingrid Michaelson this weekend in Sacramento since I got back from Berlin. But a week and a half ago, Jess told me she couldn't go. I made a last ditch effort with a text on Thursday, thinking it was fruitless. On Friday, she pulled through, saying she had a baby sitter for her daughter and was ready to go.

So we braved the downpour in my Cavalier Saturday night and snagged some fast food on the way. We got there in time to stake out a spot right next to the stage like a bunch of groupies in the small venue she was playing at.

As usual, Ingrid was amazing. She has a few new songs I had yet to hear. The lyrics are always witty and interesting, and she has a knack for a catchy melody. I got to meet her afterwards and get my picture taken with her, grinning like a 14-year-old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert.

We figured the show would go to about midnight, and we would get home by 2 a.m. But 2 a.m. was closer to when it finished. We pulled in at about 4:45 a.m., a little foggy, but happy we had gone.

Lesson learned: The four hour drive was worth it.

No comments: