Thursday, September 21, 2006

A little girl talk

Thank God for my girls.

I've been a little overwhelmed lately with everything. Last week I wrote ten stories. Those aren't just little ten-inchers. The problem with writing that much in one week is you don't get much else done. Especially because the weekend was filled with a day-long session for my exchange and church activities.

I have a huge project I'm working on at work that I haven't even finished all the reporting (interviewing) on. It was due yesterday. I'm supposed to be learning Japanese a half an hour a day. I haven't done it at all. I had five days of homework last week for Bible study. I did one day. I could go on and on.

Today, with all the stress weighing on my shoulders, Sarah and Jenn came through. They probably don't even know it. We were supposed to have Bible study tonight, but three of the girls couldn't make it. Instead, Jenn, Sarah and I sat around and talked, venting about all our problems and frustrations. It felt good to know that others feel the pressure sometimes, too. Sometimes I feel like I'm not supposed to.

Lesson learned: There's nothing like a little girl talk as a cure for stress.

No comments: