Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rediscovering my car's color

I can't remember the last time I washed and vacuumed my car. I've been meaning to do it about every weekend for the past two months. I finally did today, which I'm actually really exited about.

I know what you're thinking: "Wow, if she's resorted to blogging about her chores, she must be running out of things to write about. This blog can only go down hill from here." Don't worry. I promise tomorrow I won't write about my adventures in grocery shopping. But if you had seen my car before, I think you would realize what a feat it was. It was covered in a dusty film so thick I was starting to forget what color it was.

I actually enjoy washing my car. Maybe that is weird. I think it's because it's one of my few chores that I get to do outside in the sun — and it involves water.

Today wasn't one of my best runs. The car wash meter kept beeping that I was out of time right after I had fed a string of quarters into it. Then it turned off when I wasn't quite done, and I wasn't about to cough up six more quarters after it had robbed me.

Oh well, it's okay, because my cute little Chevy Cavalier is back to being cherry red.

Lesson learned: Time to find a new car wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alisha, would you enjoy washing my car too? Please!!!!!!! Love, Mom in MT