Wednesday, September 06, 2006

To teach or not to teach

So after about a dozen phone calls, wrong modems sent, order confusion and a month wait, I finally have a glitch-free computer with DSL Internet. Crazy huh? Maybe I shouldn't write this; I'll jinx myself.

Also today, I got a letter from the ski resort where I taught snowboarding on the weekends last ski season. It seems too hot to be thinking about snow. But I guess I have to decide if I'm ready to do it again. I'm a little bummed because one of the bosses won't be there, which probably means some of the rest of the crew won't come back either.

I also have this problem of overcommitting myself. I can't help it; I just want to do it all. So far this winter, I will already have once or twice a month weekend meetings for my exchange to Japan (not to mention that I'll be leaving towards the end of the ski season to go there). My girls and I are starting a Thursday Bible study this week. I'm also joining an "extreme" interest group through church, which every Sunday is planning some outdoor adventure (i.e. kayaking, climbing, mountain biking). I'm planning a 10-day vacation around Christmas time. Oh and one of the girls at work asked me to teach her daughter piano lessons. This is on top of working 50 hours a week, sometimes on the weekends. Any votes as to if I can fit it all in?

Lesson learned: I need an assistant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to know if you're able to walk again. Last I saw you, you were still naming your blisters after your old boyfriends (you know who you are....)
On the question of teaching or not, I say go for it. You met some really nice folks and had some great times up there. And it got you out on the snow every weekend... You can always take a day break on any of your activities if you get overwhelmed. I'm just so impressed that you live your life so fully.