Thursday, March 15, 2007

Answered prayer

I had a mini miracle happen this week. Finances have been a concern for me lately, with all the stuff I needed to buy before my trip, and a couple of other unexpected expenses. The future wasn't looking much better, because I was told I would be paid for eight hour days while I'm in Japan, which means I wouldn't get the overtime I'm usually rely on.

On Monday, I prayed for God to just make my funds stretch to cover everything.

On Tuesday, my boss called me into his office and told me they had averaged my overtime and will be paying me an hour overtime a day to compensate for it. He added that the company is giving me $200 for other expenses. Later he delivered a $300 check, saying he decided to add a bit on.

It gets better.

Later that day, I was covering the board of supervisors meeting when the county counsel, who is a member of the Rotary Club who is sponsoring me, came up to say hello. He asked me in passing if I got the check the rotary was giving me for expenses. Surprised, I said no, I didn't know of one. He went to the meeting Wednesday and picked it up for me. When he handed me the check I was shocked. It was for $1,000.

I even mentioned this to my boss, offering to return the check he gave me, but he declined. I feel lucky to have such support in my life, human and spiritual.

Lesson learned: God doesn't mess around when answering prayer.

No comments: