Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lessons in bathing

Okay, so I finally figured it out. In my last entry, I mentioned how everyone shares the same bath water. Well, our translator, Shuski, gave me some clarity on the matter. The bathroom I mentioned is a shower. The whole room. When you walk in, there is a shower head you pull from the wall and a cover that hides a drain. You sit on a stool and wash your hair, etc. The final step is to get into the bathtub.

So, that's a little better. I guess it's similar to sitting in a hot tub, since you're already clean. I just feel so relieved.

Lesson learned: The Japanese aren't as unhygienic as I thought they were.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hi Honey,
I just read your entire blog on Japan. Your descriptions and photo’s make me feel as if I’ve had a mini vacation! Thanks, needed that…
Remind me to tell you a story about “shared bathwater” the next time I see you. Just another liquid asset while growing up in a big family.
Love you and very proud of you my dear!
Aunt Ann