Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gone riding


So biking season is underway, and already my biking buddy, Steve and I have taken a few good rides.

It is the perfect time of year. The trails are all still packed down after winter's rain and snowfall. They are all lined with bright wildflowers. And temperatures still are bearable.

It stays light past 8 p.m. too, so our headlamps haven't been the necessity they were at the end of last season.

One recent weekend, Steve, a friend of his and I rode the "ditch," which is basically a culvert that carries our drinking water. It's about 32 miles of winding trail along the water. There are a few stretches that you have to walk on flumes to get across little canyons. (See photo).

Even a couple rides in, I'm still more timid than I was at the end of the season last year.

Lesson learned: Girl, we've got work to do.

No comments: