Monday, June 25, 2007

Realizing dreams

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you are running in place, trying feverishly to get somewhere and quite never making it? I have them all the time.

Today, that dream was my reality. The entire day consisted of me trying to write a story, but getting caught up in the side trivial details. Getting distracted by other possibilities that never came to fruition. And like my dreams, the first task never solidified. I never finished what I was trying to do, sometimes wondering exactly what that was.

Now that my shift is over, I still feel incomplete. The stress still lingers, like it does when I wake up from those dreams and remind myself, I don't have to worry.

Lesson learned: Let go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange. I don't have dreams that repeat. I get new ones all the time. Weird ones. Ones about men in white plastic suits trying to invade the landing strip we have in the water, or ones about bears or lava lamps or tattoos. Maybe I drink too much coffee? Hard to say. But they never repeat.
My life, however, hosts re-runs all the time. Can't seem to figure out how to take that other path. Curious.