Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Beginning the countdown

In two weeks from today, I will be leaving to travel the world. Actually, it's really just to fly across the country three times, then to Germany, but it kind of feels like the world.

It's just starting to set in that I will be gone for two and a half months. For those of you who don't know, I got accepted for a fellowship in Berlin, where I will work at a newspaper. Before that, I am going to an orientation in Washington, D.C., where I will meet the other fellows and learn about ... stuff? Yeah, I'm not sure, but I know it ends with a two-night stay at some resort in Virginia with a pool, so that part sounds good to me. Then I am going back to Montana for my sister's wedding (Yay!).

The day after the wedding, I fly to Seattle for a night, then to Germany from there.

I have a list of about 439 things I need to do before I go, which is a bit overwhelming, but this is always how it is before I travel and it always seems to work out.

Lessons learned: Two weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the best lifestyle -- jet setting around the globe -- sunning at pools in DC, Japan, Austria, Ghana and Germany. I'm so excited for you. Do you need someone to carry your bags? Just whistle -- I'm in.