Wednesday, July 02, 2008

River therapy

Last weekend a group of coworkers and I floated a section of a river we live by in those huge, black inter-tubes you get from tire shops. It was fantastic.

Lying in the sun on something buoyant with a drink in my hand was just what I needed to forget the crazy week beforehand. The water was freezing, but works wonders for those with back problems. By the end, though, I took to kneeling on all fours on my tube to keep the least surface area of my skin from touching the water.

My favorite part was watching Katy paddle with a beer in her hand. She seemed to forget that the top of her bottle was open.

On a side note, I think I got my first poison oak. Just a dime-sized patch on my knee. As poison oak goes, it wasn't bad.

Lessons learned: I'm going to do that again.

No comments: