Friday, September 26, 2008

Dreaming auf Deutsch

Now that I've gotten that last post out of my system, I can talk about a little trivial, but still fun bit of news. In the past few days, I have had a couple dreams in German. The first one was pretty mixed with both languages, but I'm pretty sure that this morning, the dream I awoke to was all German. Sometimes it's hard to tell because you just remember the meaning of a conversation and not the words themselves. This time, I have distinct memories conversations in this morning's dream in which I was doing a story about a group Germans who looked a bit like Power Rangers flying around in cartoon-like jets. My editor here was telling me what he wanted from the story, and even in my dream, I had to pay close attention to understand him. Funny how that works.

Lesson learned: My brain knows better German than my mouth.

No comments: