Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Turning seasons

I left Berlin for the weekend in the throes of an Indian summer and came back on Monday to winter. It was sunny yesterday, but it might as well have been snowing. Suddenly all the little outside activities I've been enjoying are not so pleasant. Biking for example. I wrap myself up in layers, only to have the cold air sneak into any opening possible as I'm whisking through the streets. My fingers turn to icicles. I think about my little red Chevy and how great the heat works.

This morning when I woke up at 7 a.m. for my run, there was still a touch of darkness to the sky. I had to drag myself out of my warm blankets and dress like I was going sledding. Even the swans weren't on the channel.

I am praying this is a fluke and the warm weather will return.

Lesson learned: I need to buy a pair of gloves.

No comments: