Thursday, December 28, 2006

Arriving in paradise


I have arrived in Florida and am now officially living it up. It is beautiful here on Boca Grande, an island off the Gulf Coast near Tampa. Two of my uncles and their families live here. The rest of us have rented two houses and a condo to stay at.

I met up with a group at the airport, and we arrived to a large greeting committee on Tuesday night. The next morning a bunch of us went for a run/walk/bike ride. There is no shortage of white sand, palm trees or flowers.


That afternoon, Amanda, my cousin Nick and I made an attempt to go to the beach, but it was a little chilly with the wind. We were more successful today, and spent the afternoon in the sun, swimming and playing frisbee.

Lesson learned: I could get used to this.

No comments: