Sunday, December 03, 2006

Starting out the season


Last year I decided not to get a Christmas tree because I wasn't going to be here for the holidays. This year, I'm not going to be here either, but I was determined to get one anyway. So last night Sarah and I hauled a tree from the local hardware store into my little apartment. It was supposed to be a small one, but that's what I always say, and this one is probably seven or eight feet.

Today Jenn and Sarah came over, and we had hot chocolate, decorated and listened to Christmas music. It was a great way to get in the mood for the season.

The only problem was that one of the string of white lights I had didn't work. So I ran to Wal-Mart and bought two strings of colored, only to find out when I got back that one of the strings I bought didn't work either.

Jenn's solution was to alternated white and colored lights on my tree. It's no designer tree, but it has character at least.

Lesson learned: Check the lights even at the store — no matter what.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's lovely. Can you bring it with you when you come for Christmas? Just throw it in the back of that little red car.
How did you get it home, anyway?