Monday, November 12, 2007

Season finales

I spent this weekend trying to squeeze the last good weather from the season by taking a couple bike rides. It is definitely getting chillier. And by that, I mean there were moments I worried hypothermia was only a few snowflakes away.

Saturday morning I woke up what I would consider early for a Saturday morning. My neighbor, Lisa, and I drove to a nearby area and road up a steep paved road known for its hair-pin curves. Its one of those rides that you love only afterward. I'm glad I did it, though, and I'm up for trying it again. It was warm on the way up, but bone chilling on the way back down with the wind blowing by.

Sunday, I went up the hill with my new friend, Dan. He rides in Davis, where he lives part time, so of course, I had to prove that there is some good riding here. It rained the night before and cleared up just in time. The slick trail just added one more element of challenge. It was beautiful as usual. I had uncontrollable shivers by the time we were done, but they were so worth it.

Lesson learned: I need to switch to a sport where I can wear a sleeping bag for clothing. (So hopefully it snows soon.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan?