Monday, November 05, 2007

Showing off


A college friend, Jesse, came to visit this weekend. He is on a road trip through a few Western states, and I was lucky enough to be one of the stops.

Jesse is one of the original Knowles Hall Mafia, which is what we coined our hall in the dorms freshman year. Half the hall was girls, and half were guys. It made for some epic water fights and a steady stream of practical jokes. Anyway, Jesse and I have managed to stay friends all this time.

He and I have the same weakness for the outdoors, so I had to show off my area a bit. The minute he got out of the car I dragged him out for a game of ultimate frisbee. Saturday, we did one of my regular mountain biking trails. And Sunday we went on a hike near Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite. I had to make him work off all that beer I know he's been drinking on his other stops. We were really lucky with the weather — it was sunny and warm every day.

Jesse impressed me by making me stir fry from scratch after we got back Sunday night. Who knew he could cook?

Lesson learned: Jesse can still keep up, three years later.

1 comment:

Lakes said...

Thanks again for such an epic weekend. I am still way sore from your butt kicking. Sonora, surroundings and residents rock!