Sunday, October 22, 2006

Apples to Cajun to climbing

It's been a full weekend. Days like the last two make me want the Indian fall we've been having to stay forever. That and make me never want to go back to work.

Here's a quick recap:

• Friday night I went out to dinner with Gabe and some of his friends. The group met up with Jenn and Paul later for a spirited game of Apples to Apples. It's where you put one card in the center with an adjective on it. Then everyone places one of their seven cards down with nouns on them that best matches it. The judge position rotates among the players. My best was "colorful." I laid down "barf."

• Saturday I had a meeting with all the members of my Rotary exchange team in Yosemite. It was a beautiful day and all the trees are starting to turn orange and yellow, making the drive a collage of colors. And of course the Valley floor was stunning. We had lunch at the Awahnee, an old and luxurious hotel there.

• I had tickets to a Cajun Festival, so I went with Gabe. We stayed long enough for a free dinner and then rented a movie. I don't really remember the name of it, or much else for that matter. It was one of deep, convoluted films about oil and corruption. I was asleep for much of it.

• Paul, Gabe, kid from church named Andrew and I met up with our paper's photographer, Amy, and some of her friends to go climbing. I surprised myself by pulling my 117 pounds up some pretty crazy cracks. I can't feel my arms. I'm typing with my nose right now.

• Gabe and I made dinner and my place tonight.

Starting to see a theme here? Me too. :)

Lesson learned: I think I may be seeing someone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The theme...? Yes, there is one word that comes up over and over: Gabe.
So what's up with that? I will try to call tonight!!!!!

(you may not want to publish this)