Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fall arrives

For the first time in about four months, it rained today - really rained. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced my umbrella. Rain here is not like it is in Montana. There you get a high elevation cloud cover that nestles in the Valley, and it drizzles for weeks on end. Here, we get a torrential downpour. The low spots in every road, sidewalk and any other surface become miniature rivers. You can't walk anywhere outside without drenching the hem of your pants. And cars tires kick up storms of mist, so when driving all the roads become this sort of hazy fantasy world. The fog crowds around the hills, giving them this eerie horror movie look. Eerie but dramatically beautiful.

It's nice to have a change of season. It's refreshing. I am looking forward to snowboarding. But for now, the rain meant only one thing for me: While I was tucked in my drivers seat with the heat on, all the dusty bike trails are getting packed down. Yes I have a one-track mind.

Lesson learned: The rain is nice, but I'm not ready for winter yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

? A one-track mind?
It sounds more like you have a single-track mind...
or a mind on the single track....