Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Busy having fun

It's been a record week for bike rides. I've gone Sunday, yesterday and today. I have plans to go again Saturday. Yesterday was the record milage for the season: 48. It was a nice easy ride along culvert that our drinking water runs down. We've had a few beautiful days here, and I was out on some great vantage points to take it all in. There is talk of snow at higher elevations. Everyone who snowboards is starting to get that jittery excitement.

I just need to wax my board and I'm ready.

Now if work would calm down a bit. Today was nice though. I had a split shift, so I got done about noon, went out to lunch and then on a ride with my friend Gabe. When I drove to town about an hour away to cover a school board meeting, I discovered it had been cancelled. I came back and worked for a couple hours on my project then headed home. To think I would still be working if the meeting had gone on ... I got lucky this time.

Lesson learned: The easiest meeting to cover is a cancelled one.

No comments: