Monday, October 16, 2006

A girl's best friend

There are only a hand full of people that I would drive five hours for to spend that much time with. It just so happens, one of those people was in Berkeley this weekend. So I did just that.

Anna and I met in environmental science in high school. From there, we were in cross country, tennis and Precision figure skating together. We went skiing. We spent nights at each others houses, and days at the lake. Then in college, we ended up being roommates in the dorms. We've been with each other through break ups with boyfriends, family issues and health complications.

Needless to say, I was disappointed when she transferred to Bozeman, but we never stopped being best friends.

Anna is one of those friends I can go without seeing for a year, and without talking to for three months, yet when we finally do reunite, it's like we're picking up where we left off.

So when I found out Anna was in Berkeley for a wedding, I canceled all other plans. The only time that she was free was Sunday afternoon. I made it down there about 4 p.m. (after getting a little lost). We took a walk, went to coffee and had dinner, catching up as we went.

It was fun to reminisce about the joke love letter we wrote in keyboarding to this guy named Jerod and his kermit green car. Or how we used to come home to our friends in our door rooms watching TV, which we stole from Juppy by crawling through his dorm window. Or sneaking out onto the roof of our dorm room.

Yeah, we had so much fun.

Someday maybe we'll end up in the same place and can continue our adventures.

Lesson learned: I miss that girl.

No comments: