Tuesday, August 29, 2006

私は日本に行っている

Translation: I'm going to Japan!

About a month ago, my publisher and editor pulled me aside and asked if I would like to apply through the Rotary Club for a one-month exchange to Japan from mid-March to mid-April. I said "Why not?" and proceeded to fill out forms and write an essay.

Last Saturday, the district held interviews in Modesto. The lady in charge called me yesterday to tell me that I was accepted.

The Rotary pays all travel, food and lodging expenses. My paper is offering to also pay my wages for writing one story a week to send back for publication.

I can't wait. I don't think it has sunk in completely yet. Now I just have to learn Japanese.

Lesson learned: It's not always bad to get called into the publisher's office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alisha, we are very proud of you and your accomplishments!!! Love, Mom and Dad