Monday, August 28, 2006

Dame Ali Bigh

So Saturday night I joined with a few friends in solving a mystery. It's a game you can purchase that is like real life clue. Everyone dresses up as different characters and through clues, try to figure out who murdered, in this case, Sir Roger Watersdown. There were eight of us, and we all received an individualized book that told us in each round what we should try to conceal about ourselves, as well as secrets about the other characters. You then ask questions of each other to attain more information.

My name was Dame Allison "Ali" Bigh, a murder mystery novelist, best known for my highly acclaimed book "The Knife Cuts Coldly," because of my uncanny ability to capture the criminal mind. We later found out this was because I murdered someone so I could write about it. I also was a hypnotist.

I, however, was not the murderer in the end, though we all attempted it to some degree. The real criminal happened to be the quietest guy in our group.

We did this over a four-course meal, which Sarah's mom outdid herself to present.

Lessons learned: Hypnotism isn't a very effective tool to murder someone.

No comments: