Saturday, August 05, 2006

Renewed country fan

So the concert was fantastic, especially Carrie Underwood. She was supposed to be opening for Randy Travis, but I think she stole the show. I'm not a huge country fan, but I like it everyone and awhile, from some artists. Carrie Underwood, who was last year's American Idol, had a whole crew of back musicians, one who was amazing on the fiddle, and a couple on electric guitars. One song she sang, called "Jesus take the wheel" almost made me cry. I never do this, but I went out and bought her CD this morning just so I could hear it again. It's amazing to think that just a little over a year ago, she was just one of us with a good voice.

Today I have been to the gym, then spent some time in the sun. It's great to have some time off.

Lesson Learned: Carrie is a star.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Country music? Hmm. Now I'm worried.
So I went out on the roller skis yesterday for the first time this season. At times, I felt like an Olympic star, at other moments, I looked like a tipsy toddler who took a few sips of mom's brandy. After about 45 minutes, I finally took a fall. Not hard, but enough to hurt. I'm thinking of designing a padding device made up of a big foam pillow and duct tape that attaches to your butt....Low-tech but effective.
Lesson learned? Road rash + hot tub = intense pain.