Sunday, November 12, 2006

As the snow flies

As if to take some of the monotony out of Dodge Ridge orientation Saturday, it actually snowed. It made the season seem a little closer. Lately I have been wondering if it winter was coming at all this year. Fall seems to be resisting its departure.

But we got to watch the swirl of the snow flakes outside the windows of the main lodge at the ski resort, where I am planning to teach snowboard lessons again this year. Last year was my first year teaching, and I had such a good time that I thought I would come back. This year though, I am promising myself that I won't pull up any more students who can't get up, especially ones twice my size. Why do I have a feeling I won't be able to stick to that resolution for long?

Steve is also teaching again, so we went up to orientation together. We brought our bikes thinking we would go for a ride afterwards. When we saw the snow, we decided maybe we would need to drive to a lower elevation, where it would be raining. Then orientation went late and it was pretty cold and wet by that time, so we scraped the whole idea and went for a drink instead.

Lesson learned: Biking season may be coming to an end.

No comments: