Friday, November 10, 2006

Sleeping in on a weekday

I woke up this morning feeling strangely refreshed considering that I stayed up later than I'd planned. When I rolled over and looked at the clock I found out why. It was 7:30 a.m., which coincidentally is the time I have to be at work. I have very vague memories of my alarm going off, but I don't remember what happened after that.

I made it there only 15 minutes late, feeling a little groggy and out of it. I don't even think my bosses noticed since having reporters come it late is nothing new.

It took me about an hour and some caffeine to start feeling normal.

It's funny, but I think I may be starting to have an addiction. For the longest time, I would go for a couple months drinking coffee, then abruptly stop. I never had any problems with withdrawals when I did, and always wondered why. It turns out black tea is the gateway drug for me. I started drinking that just because I like something warm in the morning. Now I have a hard time functioning without it, which is funny because it really doesn't have that much caffeine in it.

Anyway, I'm just glad it's Friday.

Lesson learned: I need to hide the off button on my alarm.

No comments: