Monday, November 06, 2006

I vote no

I'm just sitting here staring at my mail-in ballot, as my eyes glaze over. That's pretty much all I have done for the past half hour: look.

Lucky I have my voter guide handy though. I've read about a half page of the 188 page book. It has some pretty fascinating stuff, like "The department may promulgate and adopt regulations to implement, interpret and make specific the provisions of this Article pursuant to the provisions ..."

The ballot isn't really helping a lot either.

The whole thing contains an awful lot of zeros that come behind dollar signs. I did the math. If Californians passed all of these initiatives and propositions, it would allow the state to spend $758.9 kajillion dollars. That's way more than I make in a year.

Lesson learned: I have some tough decisions to make tonight. Thank God for the Internet.

No comments: