Friday, April 20, 2007

Taking pause

We were walking down Shijo street, looking for bikes to rent, when a sign stopped both Amanda and I in our tracks.

"Relaxation massage."

The man in the store saw us gazing at it wistfully, and came out to show us a "happy price" schedule. Thirty minutes for two thousand yen, which is about $18. We were sold.

They put us on tables together, with our clothes still in place, then laid towels over us. I was wondering how good a job they could do through those layers. It was fantastic. I was lying there hoping it was as good for Amanda as it was for me.

When we sat up I had my answer. She had this sort of have dazed, half asleep look on her face.

Lesson learned: Either this guy just had really strong hands, or he just knew what he was doing.

No comments: